Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Talking Politics With Co-Workers

Smart? Or is it asinine? It depends on the temperament and intelligence of your co-workers. Even very smart people lose their minds when they are married to an idea. Further, people like me get excited about our own experiences, and blather in front of a crowd. This is never a good idea. Spilling words out of your mouth loosely gives multiple humans a chance to take your words out of context---especially if you don't have a chance to finish your thesis. Best just to shut up and be still.

I believe that talking to one person at a time is the best way to have a conversation about anything that is controversial. Otherwise----things can go terribly wrong.

I can't even type what I said at dinner this evening, because it would make me look like a monster. It would take too many sentences to make it right. But I am right.

Back to work for now (and thoughts of NO-ONE ruling my world).

Important Post Script---Jim, Eric, Adron: I don't think any of you three have lost your minds! My general statement is about the general populace, and we all know we do not work in the Gen Pop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a monster from my perspective at all, it's just that compassion does not come naturally to us, mere mortals that we are - we really have to choose it and practice it. Every day if we choose to embrace it as a way of life.

Who or what is 'right' is relative and subjective.

aendenne said...

Thanks Jim. Right back at you, baby. Your Taoist thoughts don't contradict mine or match mine--we can meld in our own way. Minds like ours can dine and work together and grow. I believe I know you well enough to say that you would agree with that.

I am still looking forward to our scrabble game, 'Webster'.

Post a Comment