Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Phone Wants Me Dead

Great. I just saw a news article that ticked me off: Cell Phone Ignites In Man's Pocket. How am I supposed to sleep with my cell phone under my pillow, and not worry? I did a quick web search for other such incidents, and supposedly, this has happened before. Here's another link, just for fun: Teen Burned When Cell Phone Catches Fire. I say 'just for fun' since this article has no author name, which makes me a slight bit skeptical.

Where are the MythBusters? I need them!!! I will not relinquish my gadget, dammit. There has got to be another explanation.

If there isn't, we would do well to know the commonalities among the incidents. Then informed consumers like us could purchase the safest versions of devices.

I have a feeling that if this is indeed real, that it happens when a large amount of technology is crammed into a small amount of space. If my theory is right, I may personally be safe because I always stay away from miniature doll-house cell phones. How can you talk into something you hold between two fingers? It's ridiculous.

Anyone that can allay my fears, please answer up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help may be on the way...nano-batteries. Check this out on SlashDot http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/16/2358254&from=rss

Adron said...

I must say, you worry far too much!

But in all seriousness, you might not want to put your phone under your pillow. It might give you phone cancer.

<- notice the ironical like hypocrisy of my silly statements above.

btw - Did you ever see the video of the laptop that was so hot it blew up?

Post a Comment