Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yahoo! Go Free Mobile Software

Haven't blogged about anything for awhile. Guilt set in; plus I really am enjoying a new utility I downloaded, so I must share it: Yahoo! Go Mobile Software is now available for my phone. It had been released earlier for many other phones; I just had to wait for a version compatible with the Audiovox PPC 6700.

Why do I like it?
  1. It looks very nice
  2. I stay in touch with news and any custom rss feeds I wish (SWEET!)
  3. It auto-downloads my Yahoo mail
  4. It has weather updates
  5. It has a slick city guide
I mostly use it when I am bored, and wish for a distraction. The news and rss feed feature keeps me reading updated content anytime I wish.

The 'carousel' is a nice piece of user interface. From most anywhere in the app, the user can return to the 'main menu' by choosing 'Back to Carousel'.

Suggestions? I think it would be great if a Games option was added. What about it? Yahoo! Who am I to ask for this? A free user, yes---but someone who does get exposed to advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment