Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas nets me a GPS Unit - SA-WEET!

I have forgotten what I got for Christmas already. The one gift that overshadowed everything is my new friend: the Garmin C330 GPS navigation system. I use it when I don't need to, just because it is fun. I am still a geek, after all.

This baby tracks my top speed, my average speed, time spent moving, and time I have been immobile. It remembers locations I have gone to, without me having to tap the save button. I can discover new restaurants (I love to eat), museums, parks, hotels, etc. just by browsing the available locations.

The other night, my dad wanted to plan a get-together for this weekend, well beyond my home city. I tapped the 'Near' button, and re-centered my search to a city 50 miles from my house, then selected Chinese food, and stored the route for use this Saturday.

Oh, did I mention that it allows for text and verbal language changes? I currently have the text on the screen set to English, while the speaking voice is set to French. I don't know how much my boyfriend spent on this thing, but whatever it was, it's worth it! I think that he got it, though, just so that I'd stop calling him with 'I'm Lost---Help ME' requests. Whatever the motivation, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment